BIAFF 2015 Closing Ceremony and Awards21 September 2015
On 20 September, at 19.00 in Batumi Summer Theater BIAFF Film festival closing ceremony took place. International Jury awarded prizes in three-competition section - International Feature Films, Doc Films and Short Films section.
BIAFF international competition section’s Jury consisting of five members Alexander Mindadze, Russia (Head of Jury), Niki Karimi, Iran, Christopher Goodwin, UK, Nicolas Ronchi, France, George Ovashvili, Georgia awarded following prizes:
- Grand Prix - Brother Dejan, Bakur Bakuradze, Russia/Serbia, 2015
- Best Film Directing - Sharunas Bartas for film Peace to Us in Our Dreams, Lithuania/France/Russia, 2015
- Actor - Joachim Fjelstrup in film “Itsi Bitsi”, Ole Christian Madsen, Denmark/Croatia/Sweden/Argentina, 2014, 107 min.
- Actress - ensemble of women actresses in film “Mustang”, Deniz Gamze Ergüven, France/Germany/Turkey/Qatar, 2015
- Jury Special Prize - Mustang, Deniz Gamze Ergüven, France/Germany/Turkey/Qatar, 2015
BIAFF 2015 Documentary Films international competition section’s Jury consisting of five members (Zelimer Zilnik, Serbia - head of jury, Wojciech Szczudlo, Poland, Dennis Wheatly, UK., Iryna Gordichuk, Ukraine, Lasha Khalvashi, Georgia)
- The Best Doc film - Double Aliens, Ugis Olte, Latvia/Georgia, 2015; 60 min.
- Special Mention - Cartel Land, Matthew Heineman, USA/Mexico; 2015; 100 min.
BIAFF 2015 - Short Film international competition section’s Jury consisting of five members (Nenad Dzindarevich, Bosnia Herzogovina - Head of Jury), Siegfried, France, Helen Yanovsky, Israel, Tinatin Kajrishvili, Georgia
- The Best Short film - The Chicken, Una Gunjak, Germany/Croatia 2014, 15 min.
- Jury Special Mention - Adam, Yuliya Hanchar, Belarus, 2014 and Preparation, Giorgi Tsilosani, Georgia, 2015
BIAFF Life time Achievement awards for contribuitone to World cinema was granted to:
- Nastassja Kinski (Germany)
- Maja Komorowsa (Poland)
- Lana Gogoberidze (Georgia)
- Baadur Tsuladze (Georgia)
BIAFF 2015 closing ceremony was finished by famous Georgian band “Nino Katamadze & Insight” musical performance.
>> Festival Sponsors - Batumi International Container Terminal, Hotel LEOGRAND, Hotel Divan Suites Batumi, Georgian National Film Center, Ministry of Education, Culture and Sports of Ajara AR, Ministry of Culture of Georgia
>> Festival Supporters - British Council, Polish Audio-Visual Fund, USA embassy, French Institute, Embassy of Italy, Cinema APOLLO, Transport company “Metro Georgia”, Tour-company “Interco”, Hotel Rcheuli, Hotel Batumi Plaza, Hotel Vanilla, Hotel Admiral, Cinema “Rustaveli”, Tourism Department of Ajara AR, “Lagidze water”, festival “Tbilisi Open Air”, HQ propaganda,