Honey Festival in Ajara22 August 2015
On August 22, 2015, first Honey Festival in Ajara, Batumi Boulevard, alongside Colonnades.
Beekeeping in Ajara has been practiced for centuries and is known for its unique traditions. According to the data, Ajara is one of the leading honey producing regions. Local honey has special taste and characteristics, as it is collected in ecologically clean and diverse nature of the region.
The festival aims to promote Ajara as producer of high quality honey and stimulate development of the sector in the region.
The festival is organized by The Beekeepers Association of Ajara existing under the Ajara Chamber of Commerce and Industry with the facilitation of Alliances Lesser Caucasus Ajara Programme, implemented by the non-governmental organization Mercy Corps with the financing of Swiss Development and Cooperation Agency.
Come on the festival, find out more on the history of beekeeping in Ajara, taste delicious honey and get involved in the festival activities.
Timetable of Festival
- 12:00 Opening Ceremony
- 12:30-21:00 Exhibition of beekeeping history in Ajara
- 12:30-21:00 Exhibition/testing of honey from different gorges of Ajara
- 12:30-20:00 Exhibition of sculptures from beeswax
- 12:30-20:00 Performances of folklore bands
- 12:00-21:00 Face painting
- 16:00-21:00 Face mask
- 17:30-18:30 Ground painting
- 17:30-20:00 Entertainment activities for children
- 19:00-21:00 Sculpturing bee's wax with volunteers
- 21:00 Closing the festival