GETTING AROUND - 7566
It is very easy and comfortable to move in Ajara, tourists can use their own cars or rent them.
After paying parking fee tourists are able to leave their cars 24/7 on the parking areas in Batumi. Parking fees can be paid at banks, fast pay machines or online. At payment moment it is important to specify car number and series.
Batumi transport infrasructure agency - t.: 0 422 21 21 89; web.: www.batumitransport.ge
Car rental service
• Gela rent a car - m.: 0 790 56 96 02, web.: www.gelarentacar.com
• Hertz - t.: 0 422 29 20 98, web.: www.hertz.com
• Luxury car rental - t.: 0 422 22 85 75, web.: www.lc-rent.com
• Sixt - web.: www.sixt.com
Transportation by taxi
Getting around Batumi by taxi is quick and comfortable. It is the only public transport in the city available for 24 hours. Getting around the city is safer and more economic by taxi equipped with taximeter. In case you need a check or plan to pay with plastic cards, it is better you notify the operator when calling a taxi because not all the vehicles are equipped with a cash register or POS-terminals.
• The average cost of 1 km is 0.90 GEL
• The average call cost is 0.50 GEL
• Batumi airport-City center -15 GEL
• Batumi airport-Hotels Sheraton / Radisson / Hilton / Intourist Palace - 15 GEL
• Batumi airport-Gonio - 20 GEL
• Batumi airport-Kvariati - 20 GEL
• Batumi airport-Sarpi - 25 GEL
• City Taxi - m.: 574 26 71 71
• Taxi 2 - m.: 577 41 97 97
• Taxi 555 - m.: 577 90 59 05
• Taxi 929 - m.: 599 92 99 29
• Taxi plus - m.: 593 78 45 45
Another type of public transport is so-called Yellow buses. Tickets are available in shopping centers and newsstands. The price for a ticket is 0.40 GEL.
Batumi autotransport - t.: 0 422 24 76 76; web.: www.batauto.ge
Getting around the city is also convenient by mini-taxi buses, which can be stopped in every places of the city. The price for a ticket is 0.40 GEL.
Batumi International Airport is located 7 km from the center of Batumi on the road from Batumi to the Turkish border. There is a tourist information center on the territory of the airport, where you can get free brochures, maps and information to help you make the most of your trip to Ajara. There are also several ATMs, currency exchange, a gift shop, a bistro, VIP and CIP zones.
Address: Airport highway 220
Tel: +995 422 23 51 00
Getting from the airport to town (or from Batumi to the airport):
1. By public transport. Take the bus # 10. On Batumi public buses you need to purchase two tickets, printed on one piece of paper. Tickets cost 0.80 GEL. You can buy tickets from the driver. As soon as you get the ticket validate it by running it through the ticket validation machine on the bus.
2. By Taxi. Most taxi cars are private and don't carry meters with fixed rates. Agree the price before you get in. A taxi from the airport to the city center will cost about 10-15 GEL. A taxi from Batumi airport to Kobuleti (25 km from Batumi) will cost about 40 GEL.
3. You may also order a taxi (with taxi-meter) by contacting one of the local taxi companies.
The best way to explore the city is - bicycle. According to the price and duration you can choose different packages of Batumvelo. Veloterminals are located in the coastal zone of Batumi and in the central parts of the city.
• The price of a 1 day package amounts to 4 GEL
• The price of a 10 day package amounts to 10 GEL
• The price of a 1 year package amounts to 20 GEL
“ARGO” CABLE CAR
That's a complex situated on Anuria Mountain, at an altitude of 250 meters above sea level. It offers a gorgeous panorama of Batumi and its surroundings, the Caucasus Mountains and the Black Sea. The main element of the complex is the cable car connecting the center of Batumi with Anuria Mountain. The trip will take 10 minutes.
Bus and railway stations
Other parts of Georgia can be reached from the new bus station of Batumi, located in Gogol Street №1. New railway station is 4 km from the center of Batumi, in the village of "Tamaris Dasakhleba" (Benze), near the Batumi State Musical Center
• Batumi new bus station - Tel: 0 422 24 22 44; web.: www.geometro.ge
• New railway station - Tel: +995 422 22 22 22 / +995 595 22 02 49 web.: batumicentral.ge/
Батумский международный аэропорт располо-жен в 7 км от центра Батуми. На территории аэропорта, функционируют отделения банков и банкоматы, где можно обменять или обналичить валюту. Есть сувенирный магазин, кафе.
Адрес: Аэропортовское шоссе 220
Тел: +995 422 23 51 00
Доехать из Батуми до аэропорта или по обратному маршруту вы можете:
1. На общественном транспорте. Автобус № 10. Войдя в автобус необходимо приобрести проезд-ной билет у водителя. Его стоимость 80 тетри (30 евроцентов) и пропечатать его в аппарате.
2. На такси. Стоимость не должна превышать 10-15 лари
Доехать до аэропорта из города Кобулети (25 км от Батуми) вы можете на такси. Стоимость около 40 лари.