Batumi Lighthouse

Batumi Lighthouse

The history of the Batumi lighthouse beganin 1863, when Ajara was under the control of the Ottomans. The Ottoman lighthouse department built the first lighthouse near a Turkish fortress on the cape. The second lighthouse was built after the transfer of Batumi to Russiain 1878. A 21-meter-high lighthouse was constructed by a French firm in 1882. A year later, an optic apparatus was installed on the lighthouse. The tower of the lighthouse is an octagonal stone building that interestingly resembles a residential home.


The Department publishes the information on the web site provided by the third party. Therefore, the given prices, rates and additional information must be verified with the information provider.

Gallery

Contact

Address

Miracle park                        
 Google Map 

Copyright © 2013-2016 Gobatumi.com